“Real transformation requires real honesty. If you want to move forward – get real with yourself.” Bryant McGill
I have shared some challenges to disrupt, challenge and motivate organisations to do things differently. Every change starts with action - no matter how large or small, it just needs to start.
I am passionate about helping organisations embrace genuine transformation that:
1. Challenges the status quo
2. Creates working environments that put people and their well being firmly at the forefront
3. Redefines the role of leadership
4. Creates sustainable products and services, that can make a difference to this world, beyond that of pure profit generation.
I work with organisations that are truly committed to change, at an individual and collective level, irrespective of grade, function or seniority.
Whilst change transcends boundaries, the most senior leaders in the organisation have to lead by example and nowhere is that more important, than when committing to a programme of change.
"You can't change things without changing them" Dave Trott
In our brave new world, organisations who truly understand the concept of value creation rather than value extraction, will be those that survive:
1. They are the ones who will be open enough to listen their instincts, rather than being led by the market
2. They are the ones who will be courageous enough to cross new frontiers, fail and try again
3. They are the ones who will be creative enough to develop those products and services that reach beyond a mere fad, to something that makes a genuine difference to our world.
And all of this will be possible because they invested in the one area that no machine can outperform when it comes to passion, innovation and meaning - their people.
Organisations can no longer operate as mechanistic entities, based on a fear based command and control structure, whose sole purpose it is to extract value for the benefit of the few, at the expense of the many.
Organisations must become a trust based community, working together to create value, based on a genuine, heart-felt purpose, whose focus is on their people, who in turn will focus on the customer.
I am deeply committed to developing engaged individuals within psychologically safe environments.
I believe vulnerability, honesty and creativity should be actively encouraged, to develop genuine human connections, that deliver meaningful outcomes and enable all individuals to reach their full potential.
Empower your people and the organisation empowers itself.
In you are interested in Teal as a management philosophy, Frederic Laloux expresses it beautifully in his book Re-inventing Organisations, or you can listen to his insightful series of videos - please just click the button below to access his website.
I help organisations challenge themselves, change themselves and mend themselves, it really is that simple and that broad and this is what it means in reality:
1. Bold visions - challenge the status quo, think big and stop farming saturated markets. Do something meaningful and define your own reality.
2. Business transformation - changing an organisation, one person at a time. Bringing a bold vision to life with passionate people, who are trusted to shape and deliver that vision - and dare I say challenge it too.
3. Performance management - in other words, finding and solving the problem. And no it is not all about the figures, they are only ever one part of the story, the real key is actually understanding and being honest with yourselves about what the root causes of the problem are in the first place and then having the courage to really do something about it.
4. A reality check - understanding the real state of the organisation - honesty it's generally worse than you think, but also easier to fix than you think - as long as you are truly up for the change.
5. Rumbles - having really honest conversations to resolve conflicts, shift perspectives, create understanding and most importantly, create trust.
If we put the management bullsh*t to one side, I think there are 5 critical ingredients you have to take on board, if you are really serious about change:
1. Trust - creating a culture that enables self managed teams and peer management, therefore creating the freedom of a 'trust' based organisation
2. A common and purposeful goal that matters - people need to matter, what they do needs to matter and how they do it needs to matter.
3. Self managed and empowered teams - step outside of the norm, look at people and their passions not just their not skills and experience, explore flexible/alternative working practices and embrace true diversity.
4. A creative and innovative culture - create the space for ideas to germinate and grow, allow failure, encourage play and experimentation and make fun a big part of the day.
5. Engage the whole of a person - don't draw a line between professional and personal persona's - embrace all of a person, their personality, beliefs, culture, intuition, skills and constraints. Find a way to play to their strengths, don't penalise them for their weaknesses.
They are for people leading, involved in, shaping or frustrated with change.
The partnerships can be organised as one-to-one sessions or with small groups.
1. To provide a safe space for you to share your vulnerability, challenges and frustrations, without fear, judgement or reprisal.
2. To access expertise, skills and knowledge to help you make the impossible possible and step forward as daring and inspirational leaders, for transformation and change. Btw you don’t need the title of leader to lead change.
They are challenging, supportive, psychologically safe sessions, to help you see the ‘wood for the trees’ and navigate your way through the labyrinth of change, in a positive and constructive way.
We will work out a way forward together and create a physical ‘blueprint’ to help you get there and act as your compass.
If you need to let of steam, find a way forward, look for a way to operationalise your ideas or simply access a sounding board, who has trodden this path before, then a transformation rumble may well be for you.
This is a new type of consulting - transformation rumbles, or in my words, someone with whom you can have a honest and genuine conversation, about your challenges.
These will be one-to-one, confidential sessions, to help you navigate your way through the labyrinth of transformation.
Your first conversation with me is free and is an exploration, to see whether I can help you, add value to your situation and most importantly, whether you feel comfortable with me.
If you decide to go ahead, I charge £175 per session (approx. 1 to 1.5 hours).
Instead of a more intimate one-to-one session, the collective and individual perspectives of the group, are added into the mix - this can make for a really powerful day.
But remember, having the difficult conversations and sharing your vulnerability amongst your peers, is not for the faint hearted, so you do need to be ready for this as a group.
The group sessions are limited to 6 people and I advise half a day - they are quite intense and it's important to have time to digest the outcomes of the session.
I can do a full day if you are feeling brave, or have a lot to get through, just be prepared for an intense day.
The half day sessions are £800 and £1,500 for a full day.
You do not need to have a set of specific requirements - we are talking transformation here.
It may be you need someone to help unravel and simplify your challenges, or you would like to tap into some expertise and experiences of people who have walked this way before, or you may need some inspiration and new ideas, or you may just need a safe place to share your frustrations, fears and challenges.
We will work it out together, that's transformation.
Please drop me a message if you are interested in having an exploration call and I will get back to you to arrange a mutually convenient time.
It's that simple.
Sometimes we all need a hand. I am here to help.
"I worked with Nik on a strategic review and found her to be a consummate professional. Her approach to problem solving is well defined, with clear deliverables and knowledge transfer to the client. I found that her project methodologies were robust and they delivered exactly what was agreed at the outset.
I particularly enjoyed working with Nik. She has a clear understanding of key issues facing our business and brought a very welcome challenge to the project design. We certainly benefited from her broader expertise and appreciated her flexible approach whilst still being committed to delivering the original objectives.
She is very aware of the client's key drivers and worked hard to deliver a project within very tight timescales, both to time and to budget.
I wouldn't hesitate to consider Nik for future business".
Head of Procurement for Business Services, Large UK Retailer